Join our committed team of animal lovers!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Heartland Animal Shelter! When we have job openings they are listed below. If no employment opportunities are listed, we can always use dedicated volunteers!
Heartland is looking for a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager!
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the marketing, brand coordination, publishing and content development for the shelter. The ideal candidate for this position is self-directed, has exceptional writing skills, and experience working with a non-profit animal shelter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage marketing plan/calendar across all online and offline communication tools
- Develop and implement marketing strategy and initiative in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Seek out and leverage marketing best practices from sheltering community
- Assist with 4 signature events and other fundraisers
- Develop marketing initiatives and oversee all shelter messaging
- Write press releases and secure media coverage for the shelter
- Create content for all communications (print and electronic newsletters, social media posts, onsite marketing materials, etc)
- Ensure brand consistency for all messaging
- Manage the website and all Google Suite programs (Gmail, G Suite, Google Ads, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Solicit sponsorships throughout the community to support shelter programs
- Receive feedback on shelter experiences, events, etc. and present them to the Executive Director
- Engage long-term commitment through Heartland Heroes membership program
- Write quarterly newsletters and develop member-only engagement programs
- Create content for social media and manage our social media platforms and calendar
- Prepare materials for marketing including media reports, press releases, and marketing materials
- Kindness to both animals and people
- Excellent relationship skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including public speaking
- A clear understanding of and alignment with the national no-kill movement
- Understanding of the fast-paced environment of animal sheltering
- At least two years of experience at a non-profit animal shelter
- At least one year of experience in a marketing role with a non-profit animal shelter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications preferred
- Experience with MailChimp, all social media platforms, WordPress, and GoogleSuite required
Interested in this position? Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.